Friday 27 March 2015

W A T E R P U M P ?


Researching ways in which to move water from the sea up and into the top of the shipping container to fill the space in the walls with water representing sea levels rising. The movement of going up is quite possibly going to require a pump. The video above is of sound moving water particles up, I think it is a very interesting concept but won't be very practical for my shipping container. 




The idea of using air pressure to pump the water up into the shipping container I think will work. All I need is a couple a tubes running up the side of the shipping container and something to compress air from the bottom to pump the water up the tube and out into the top of the shipping container.



This diagram above shows what I will put on the outside of the shipping container.  For the compressed air I will need a generator or something to create the air pressure and I could place this on the side of the shipping container, so its not so obviously in the view of public. 

No comments:

Post a Comment